Located in the hamlet of Humbleton near Wooler, on the border of the Northumberland National Park, Homildon is an extremely attractive traditional cottage dating back to the early 1800's. Nestled in a secluded hollow, it provides a sense of isolation while still being within easy reach of local amenities. A bridleway leads from the door into the National Park and the famous St Cuthbert’s Way.
The large rear garden offers a peaceful haven looking out onto historic Homildon Hill. The current owners use the property regularly as a retreat, and have updated the facilities to meet the expectations of today's holiday makers.
What is included:
• All bedding, bed linen, towels and electricity
• Oil for central heating and hot water and the AGA, logs for the log burner
• Travel cot and high chair
• Wi-fi with 10-15Mbps broadband;
DAB & CD music system with USB/bluetooth
• In the stable: games table, secure storage space for cycles & other leisure gear.
• Outside decked area with quality table and furniture and BBQ for alfresco dining. Parking in grounds for up to 4/5 cars depending on size
What can be arranged: Charges Apply, see options and extras
• Well behaved dogs are welcome @ £25.00 per dog per week (max 2 medium/large, 3 small)**
• 19 Days out in Northumbria guide
Sleeps 8, spacious well furnished & equipped. Kitchen/utility, dining room in conservatory, lounge, snug, 4 bedrooms 1 ensuite & family bathroom. 1 bedroom is up a short staircase above the kitchen.
fully fitted kitchen - cosy heart of the house and is well equipped, with brand name cookware.
sitting room with vaulted ceiling and vintage wood burning stove has a large flat screen TV, Blu-Ray DVD and plenty of board games!
utility room with hanging space and boot rack.
conservatory doubles as a light, bright and airy dining room.
A short staircase off the kitchen leads to a hallway that gives way to
Bedroom 1 - double with en-suite shower room,
Bedroom 2 - double
Bedroom 3 - twin
family bathroom is newly refurbished to the highest standard.
Bedroom 4 - double is up a short staircase above the kitchen - a striking beamed attic room with a feature flue and a view over the neighbouring fields.
KitchenCooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine, Tumble dryer, Kitchen table, High chair provided
Dining roomDining table, seats 6
Converted stable/games room with multi-games table
- The house lies out of sight at the end of a short dead-end track, only passing traffic is the occasional walker or farmer
- Off road parking in grounds for up to 4/5 cars depending on size
- Converted stable/games room to store any outdoor gear and cycles
- Multi-game table
- Mature garden mainly laid to lawn with herbaceous borders looking out onto historic Humbleton Hill
- Decked area with BBQ and quality table and furniture
- Small summerhouse gazebo
- Bridleway leads from the door into the National Park and the famous St Cuthbert’s Way
- Neighbouring wooded wetland and unfenced pond attract a wealth of birds and wildlife.
- Alfresco dining area provides expansive views over Homildon Hill.
OutsideGarden, Terrace/Patio, Garden furniture, Barbecue, Parking
ParkingSpaces for 5 cars
Nestled in a secluded hollow, it provides a sense of isolation while still being within easy reach of local amenities. A bridleway leads from the door into the National Park and the famous St Cuthbert's Way. The small town of Wooler is within walkings distance & the coast is approximately 30 minutes by car.
|Period Name||Date From||Date To||Price [£]|
|Early Summer 2018||02nd Jun 2018||20th Jul 2018||1190.00|
|Peak Summer 2018||21st Jul 2018||31st Aug 2018||1875.00|
|Late Summer 2018||01st Sep 2018||05th Oct 2018||1095.00|
|Autumn 2018||06th Oct 2018||26th Oct 2018||985.00|
|Late Half Term 2018||27th Oct 2018||02nd Nov 2018||1275.00|
|Winter 2018||03rd Nov 2018||21st Dec 2018||690.00|
|Christmas & New Year 2018||22nd Dec 2018||04th Jan 2019||1875.00|
|Low 2019||05th Jan 2019||08th Feb 2019||690.00|
|Early Half Term 2019||09th Feb 2019||22nd Feb 2019||890.00|
|Low 2019||23rd Feb 2019||29th Mar 2019||690.00|
|Pre Easter 2019||30th Mar 2019||05th Apr 2019||890.00|
|Easter 2019||06th Apr 2019||26th Apr 2019||1195.00|
|May 2019 From||27th Apr 2019||24th May 2019||845.00|
|May Whit 2019||25th May 2019||31st May 2019||1350.00|
|Early Summer 2019||01st Jun 2019||12th Jul 2019||1190.00|
|Peak Summer 2019||13th Jul 2019||30th Aug 2019||1875.00|
|Late Summer 2019||31st Aug 2019||13th Sep 2019||1095.00|
|Autumn 2019||14th Sep 2019||20th Sep 2019||1045.00|
|Autumn 2019||21st Sep 2019||11th Oct 2019||945.00|
|Late Half Term 2019||12th Oct 2019||01st Nov 2019||1095.00|
|Winter 2019||02nd Nov 2019||20th Dec 2019||690.00|
|Christmas & New Year 2019||21st Dec 2019||03rd Jan 2020||1875.00|