NOR0829Add to your favourites
Elegant Edwardian Villa with sea views, sleeps 16 - with hot tub and 5 minutes from beach.
An immaculate 7 bedroom Edwardian Villa with sea views, log fires, a lovely big garden, play room and a hot tub. Child and pet friendly and just 5 mins walk from an award winning sandy beach and village pub.
Hilltop is a special place. Built in 1907 for the sitting MP it sits at the top of a small hill giving it lovely sea views. We have created a luxurious holiday home which combines both traditional features and ,mod-cons!
- 7 bedrooms 4 with a king size beds, 2 with twin beds and a family room with 3 ft Bunk beds and either a king or 2 single beds
- A Hot Tub in located in a Log Cabin with its own ‘suntrap’ patio
- A large gas BBQ and quality garden furniture enabling all 16 people to eat ‘al fresco’ on the terrace
- A very well equipped kitchen with 2 dishwashers, washer tumbler dryer, combination microwave, Nespresso machine, an American fridge freezer and large larder fridge
- A formal dining room which will seat all 16 guests – with a Chef available at extra cost
- Two cosy sitting rooms both with log fires and flat screen Smart TVs – just bring your Netflix password
- A high ratio of modern bathrooms to bedrooms offering a combination of showers and baths – all with power showers ( 2 x family bathrooms, 3x En suite shower rooms).
- • Fibre broadband and WiFi.
- • A Kid’s Den offering a range of toys for the little ones, a flat screen TV, table football, air hockey and pool table
- • In the large garden (a third of an acre) you will also find a wooden play house, and an array of outside games including a table tennis table.
- Logs and coal supplied for a supplement- weekend supply £18– week supply £35
- Parking for up to 8 cars – so you can park the car and forget about it during your break as everything is within walking distance.
- Dog friendly with an outside dog wash – up to 4 dogs for a small additional charge (£35 per dog)
- All beds made for you prior to arrival with Egyptian cotton bedding and all bedding and towels included, with the exception of beach towels.
- Homemade fruit cake on arrival– gluten free can be provided
- All major supermarkets will deliver to the door
- 5 minute walk to a beautiful awarding wining sandy beach which has a cafe, WCS and is dog friendly.
- Just over 2.5 hours from London
We have created a stylish yet relax feel to the house and have used a coastal theme to decorate with co-ordinating soft-furnishings and accessories.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are found on the second and first floors
On the ground floor you will find a large comfortable sitting room with three large sofas and two armchairs. There is a 40” flat screen smart TV above the lovely open fire. You will find another cosy sitting room in the three sofas and two arm chairs plus a 40” smart flat screen TV above the lovely open fire. The sitting rooms are lead off the Dining room with a lovely bespoke dining table and chairs sitting 16 guests.
The kitchen is very well equipped with a large 1m wide oven, gas hob, microwave, American fridge freezer, large larder fridge, 2 dishwashers, a washer dryer, a Nespresso machine, a breakfast bar with four stools and a wide selection crockery and glassware for 16. Of course you will find all the cooking utensils and pans needed to cook a gourmet meal or BBQ on the terrace using the 4 ring gas BBQ. We have even supplied a few cookery book in case you are stuck for inspiration and plastic champagne wine glasses for the Hot Tub.
You will also find the ‘Kids Den’ just off the kitchen – our 11 year son was responsible for equipping this room! Not only will you find another smart TV and a sofa bean bags for chilling but also a variety of toys and games for a range of ages. Please feel free to bring an X-box or PS4. Stairgates and 2 high chairs are also provided along with plastic plates, cups and cutlery. One travel cot is available but please bring your own cot linen.
Each bed is made prior to your arrival using Egyptian cotton bedding with hypoallergenic duck down duvets and pillows. We do have a few spare man-made duvets and pillows should you prefer. You will find plenty of white fluffy towels for use in the bathrooms and separate hot hub towels – just bring your own beach towels and cot bedding.
The house is set within a third of an acre, which is mostly laid to lawn with mature flowerbeds. At the bottom of the garden you will find a play house. The house has a large terrace with rattan garden furniture which seats 18 along with a large gas BBQ.
The Hot Tub is located in a log cabin with a furnished courtyard which proves a real suntrap.
Mundesley is perfect for those seeking a traditional seaside holiday, scenic walks and family friendly activities. It is a pretty Victorian seaside village where families can enjoy a traditional holiday away from the hustle & bustle. Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural, Mundesley offers a lovely safe clean sandy beach, great coastal walks and is close to the Broads National Park.
It became popular when the Victorians brought visitors with the opening a railway in 1889 to sample the finest air in the country. The railway has long gone, but the fresh sea breezes off the North Sea still attract visitors.
The Blue Flag, wide sandy beach with colourful beach huts and shallow rock pools are an ideal playground for children of all ages and there is also great year-round sea fishing. It is a perfect child friendly beach with lovely soft sand and plenty of space to run around and fly a kite or build endless sandcastles. It’s also patrolled by the Lifeguards during the summer months, which is always an added bonus for parents and slightly puts your mind at ease. Dogs are allowed on the beach albeit some restrictions are in place at sometimes of the year either requiring dogs to be on leads, however, away from the restricted areas they are free to run off the lead.
The village has pretty brick and flint cottages, shops, pubs, places to eat and the Maritime Museum believed to be one of the smallest museums in England! Opposite the museum is a World War II memorial to the men who were killed while clearing landmines from the cliffs & beaches. There is also a nine-hole golf course built in 1901, sits on the hillside of the River Mun valley and offers unrivalled views over the coast & countryside. The Club welcomes visitors.
Heading out of Mundesley, is Stow Mill, a flour mill built in the 1820s which was a working mill up to 1930. It is open to visitors who can climb ladders to the upper area of the mill where you can still see the dust floors.
The Norfolk Broads are close by as are many of the other north Norfolk beaches, a variety National Trust properties and Norwich is less than an hour away when you have had enough of the beach and great outdoors.
Mundesley is one of the natural stops along the new stretch of the Norfolk Coast path and is about 8 miles from Cromer, so can easily be done in one day, but you can also walk from here all the way to Sea Palling (the end of the Norfolk Coast Path) on the beach, depending on tide times. You can see all the incredible scenery and wildlife along the way.
Pubs, bars, and restaurants
- The Ship (1Km)
- The Manor Hotel (1Km)
- Tesco Metro (1Km)
- North Walsham (10Km)
- Norwich (30Km)
28th Nov 2018 - 20th Dec 2018
4th Jan 2019 - 28th Feb 2019
1st Mar 2019 - 4th Apr 2019
5th Apr 2019 - 18th Apr 2019
19th Apr 2019 - 30th May 2019
31st May 2019 - 18th Jul 2019
19th Jul 2019 - 29th Aug 2019
30th Aug 2019 - 26th Sep 2019
27th Sep 2019 - 17th Oct 2019
Oct Half Term
18th Oct 2019 - 31st Oct 2019
1st Nov 2019 - 19th Dec 2019